Most Golden Retrievers need a high-protein kibble to thrive.
These dogs lead an active lifestyle and love to play, run around, chase squirrels, etc. To do all of that, and more, Golden Retrievers need high-quality dog food which is also rich in protein to decrease protein turnover and muscle degradation.
After all, good nutrition equals a healthy and happy dog!
In this blog, I’ll help you choose an excellent, high-quality, and high protein dog food for your Golden Retriever that meets all of his nutritional needs.
So, without further ado, let’s jump right in!
- 1 How to Choose High-Protein Dog Food for Your Golden Retriever
- 2 Call Your Vet First!
- 3 Read The Labels!
- 4 A Quick Look at The Best High-Protein Dog Foods for Golden Retrievers
- 5 Instinct Original Grain Free Recipe Natural Dry Dog Food By Nature’S Variety Rabbit
- 6 The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Limited Ingredient Dog Food
- 7 Open Farm Grain-Free Catch of The Day Whitefish and Green Lentil Recipe
- 8 In Conclusion: The Best High Protein Dog Foods
In this section of the blog, I would like to go through a few things to consider when you’re looking to buy your Golden Retriever a high-quality kibble.
Take a look.
Before making any tweaks or adjustments to your Goldy’s diet, you should ask your vet to ensure that your dog gets all the nutrients he needs. Your vet will recommend a diet plan for your dog keeping the following things in mind:
- The dog’s age
- The dog’s activity level
- Other conditions that need special care
Some dogs are sensitive or to certain ingredients, so your vet will certainly go through that as well.
One of the first things that you should do when looking to buy the best dog food for your Golden Retriever is to read the food label and go through the macros and ingredients used.
There are three macronutrients that we derive from food:
When you’re looking for a high-protein food, you should look for foods that contain at least 30% protein.
You should look for where the protein comes from. The most acceptable source of protein is named animal meats. So, take a look at the meat content of the dog food.
In this section of the blog, we will look at three of the best high-protein dog foods available to buy for your Golden Retriever.
The Instinct Original Grain Free Recipe Natural Dry Dog Food By Nature’s Variety Rabbit is one of the best high-protein foods available to buy. This dog food is made from the best quality of ingredients and ensures the best for your furry friend.
Here are the key features:
- This grain-free dog food is made using farm-raised rabbit of the highest quality which is the number one ingredient
- The dog food made with 71% real animal ingredients and nutritious oils, 29% vegetables, fruits, and other wholesome ingredients
- This natural, high-protein dog food is made with probiotics to support healthy digestion and omegas for skin & coat
- The kibble doesn’t contain any artificial flavors, coloring, or preservatives which is excellent
- The kibble is coated in freeze-dried raw for nutrition and taste
This kibble is an excellent pick and deserves to be on our list for the best high-protein dog foods.
The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Limited Ingredient Dog Food is one of the best high-protein dog foods to choose from. This dog food is human grade which is more than excellent.
Take a look at the key features of this kibble:
- This organic whole grain dog food is made with free range chicken and dehydrated for maximum nutrition
- He dog food contains human grade meat which is excellent
- This kibble also contains minimalist ingredients that are designed for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- This all-natural dog food doesn’t contain any by-products, GMO, or preservatives
- The kibble is made in the United States in a Human Grade Food Processing Facility
All in all, this kibble is an excellent one that meets all of your dog’s nutritional needs without using filler ingredients.
The Open Farm Grain-Free Catch of The Day Whitefish and Green Lentil Recipe is one of the best high-protein Dog Foods available to buy on the market. This premium kibble is made using the best, high-quality ingredients and caters to your dog’s every need.
Here’s a peek at the key features:
- The dog food contains seasonal Whitefish that is Seafood Watch and Ocean Wise approved
- This dog food is made without using any poultry or potatoes
- The dog food is free of any grains which is excellent
- Doesn’t contain any artificial preservatives or colors
- Contains balanced levels of Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids
All in all, this dog food is an excellent and nutritious high-protein choice for your dog to have and he’ll surely love you for it!
Were you able to find the best high-protein dog food for your Golden Retriever?
There are a lot of best high-protein dog foods available to buy on the market, but not all of them may be the best for your dog’s health. In this blog post, we went through some high-protein dog foods available which included:
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food
- The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Limited Ingredient Dog Food
- Wellness Grain-Free Whitefish and Menhaden Fish Meal Recipe
Have questions? Leave them in the comments, and we’ll help you out!